The Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation in South Africa is calling on unemployed graduates of arts and culture to submit their CVs alongside registration forms to join the Gauteng Schools Wednesday Integrated Programme.
The opportunity is for a four-month contract which requires the applicants to:
- Be residents of the Gauteng Province.
- Be aged between 21 and 45 years.
- Be men and women including the LGBTQI community with a National Diploma or Degree.
- Possess a certified copy of a South African ID.
- Have a certified copy of a matric certificate.
- Possess certified copies of qualifications in choral music, drama, dance, and visual arts and craft.
- Possess a certified copy of proof of residential address.
- Not be employed in any magnet schools or Gauteng Department of Education as the training will take place during the week.
- Facilitate choral music, gospel music, DJ’ing, drama, dance, and drum majorettes activities in schools. Some activities will require facilitators to develop an implementation plan with subject teachers.
- Administer the register of all learners participating in the programme.
- Submit monthly reports of the work done to the department.
- Organise a showcase at the school before final year exams in consultation with the school principal while adhering to COVID-19 protocols.
Note: Activities with noise will be implemented after school on approved days.
Applications should be emailed to Bushy Rakale at: Bushy.Rakale@gauteng.gov.za(link sends e-mail) or hand-delivered at the below address:
Attention: Bushy Rakale
Head office: Department of Sport, Arts, Culture, and Recreation
35 Rissik Street, Surrey House
The submission deadline is 31 May.
Applicants who are currently employed will be automatically disqualified. Successful applicants will be contacted via WhatsApp and email.
The registration forms can be downloaded below.