Organisers of the Spotlight Concert and Awards are accepting submissions for the Sing/Rap Competition, which promises a grand prize of more than ₦1m at the awards ceremony in April 2022.
The competition is open to upcoming artistes in Nigeria and aged between 16 and 35.
How to enter
To participate, contestants can:
- Visit the competition website(link is external)
and download the one-minute competition instrumental.
- Record a video of themselves singing/rapping to the instrumental.
- Upload the recorded video to their Instagram page and tag @spotlightconcert using the hashtags, #spotlightconcert2022 and #ownyoursound.
- Share the video to increase their chances of getting selected for the regional auditions.
- Upload the posted video to Spotlight’s website
The submission deadline is sometime in January 2022.
- Most creative upload.
- Contestants with the highest social media impression.
- Sound quality/technicality.
- Judges choices.
“We are delighted about this competition as it opens new possibilities for upcoming artists,” Olumide Asanbe stated “We want to provide an avenue for the next generation of superstars to thrive. We do not doubt that this initiative will achieve its set objective to keep young Nigerians engaged, and give them hope that they can become stars too. It gives them something to look forward to and keeps them away from crime.”