Dear Nigeria Breaking Community,
Breaking, or better known by the media as Break Dancing, has been added to the Paris 2024 Olympic Games and a group of Break Dancers (Breakers) are launching a way to celebrate the art within the sport annually across the globe on October 1-7th.
• Breaking Week is a way to introduce our youth to a celebrated art form.
• The Week will engage our youth, focus on healthy activities, the history of the Breakin, and introductory lessons.
• Community organisations seeking to engage and launch their Breaking Week Celebration will have access to the Breaking Week portal, which contains a turn-key curriculum to be executed at the grassroots level.
• The curriculum includes worksheets, historical information, and dance lessons.
What is Breaking Week Celebration
It’s a chance for the community to unite, educate and celebrate the world phenomenon that continues to change lives on a daily basis.
- To celebrate the art form and sport together throughout the world
- To have hundreds of events happening simultaneously, globally
- To build and educate the community
- To unite our culture globallyGive homage to those who paved the way
- Create new avenues for the art/sport.
- Create awareness before the Olympics & sustain the growth afterwards
- Learn, Unite and Explore via the 4 Hip Hop Pillars (Love, Peace, Unity and Having Fun!)
“This is a great opportunity to celebrate the Hip Hop lifestyle around breaking while introducing a new sport to the next generation.”